For those of us who prefer a measure of control over our financial well-being, a Self- Managed Super Fund (SMSF) may be the answer. There are significant benefits to SMSF though along with greater control comes greater responsibility so before taking this path it is important to be confident of the benefits. Questions to ask yourself are:
- Will you save money or waste it?
- Will you lose valued benefits?
- Will your self-managed fund outperform your current fund?
- What if something goes wrong? Do you know enough?
- Are you prepared to research and track your super investments regularly?
If your responses are positive there is no doubt a SMSF has significant benefits such as:
- More investment flexibility and control
- Lower fees on average
- Better performance
- More tailored to your circumstances
Our SMSF specialists at Finpro Group can assist in determining whether this will be a worthwhile step for you, manage the process of setting up the SMSF structure and investment strategy and together with our partner professionals, ensure you remain compliant on an ongoing basis.
Contact our SMSF specialist and we will be able to:
- Answer all your questions
- Clearly set out and explain the obligations and costs associated with self-managed super
- Help you make a decision about what is best for you
- Help you set up and run your fund
- Help you make investments inside your self-managed fund
- Review your current super
- Ensure you have enough super for retirement
- Equip you with strategies to maximise your super
While setting up a self-managed super fund is an exciting step, you will need to keep on top of crucial administrative and compliance-related obligations. We ensure you remain compliant at all times.